30 Ways to Refashion and Restyle your Old Clothes – DIY Fashion
1. Restyle Old Jeans DIY Ideas
1. Make a distressed jeans look or add in a patch fabric which in metallic or embroidered, or say lace or just bright prints. Place it behind the distressed and torn effect and use hot glue wax inwards.
2. Add some embellishments like studs, horns or pearls whatever you prefer to vamp it into a statement look.
3. If your jeans is torn from knees and you don’t want that look, turn it to a Shorts and use the above techniques to add more style.
4. A old jeans which looks old, can be redyed or re-colored by the simple ombre effect on diy jeans. Choose to dye up in a darker color in blue and also add small prints with cut out stencils of traingles or hearts and randomly place and use spray paint to add the print on the jeans. Use white, silver, gold, red or any shade of spray paint you like.
5. If your Jeans is really old, than i suggest cut it out to make a bag. Use it to keep all your scarves or stationery or use it to carry around in a fabulous statement bag look.
|Source – Nadyana.com|
2. Restyle Old Scarves to new Outfits
1. There are dozens and dozens of ways to wear a scarves or a stole into a different look simply buy tie up and knots. Here’s a video to watch on how to wear scarves in different ways as outfits.
2. The Indian Dupatta itself is a long scarf which can be worn in different ways by same tie up and knot and pleats. Watch Latest Styles to Wear Dupatta with an Outfit Video.
3. Cut up a Scarf like a Kimono, or a Kaftan. this is easy all you need is to cut the length you want. A neck boat or round neck hallow to fit your head in and stitch on the sides of your torso line on right sides up.
4. Make a Maxi skirt out of the Skirt in pleated or box pleats, or gather from waistline and attach to elastic band for waistline.
5. Make a Necklace drape scarf, by attaching a brooch or a statement pendent on the centre of the rolled up scarf and tie knots on the ends to give it a complete look.
3. Restyle Old Tshirts to New Tshirts
This one is going all crazy from cutting out patterns and pulling our tshirt cut outs to create tanks and crop tops. I will list different kinds of styles to refashion an old tshirt.
1. Use a Chiffonier lace or Dainty lace in a broad look and attach it to the hemline a cropped tshirt till waist and attached same on sleeves in a ruffle look or a bell sleeve or simple in half sleeves.
2. Diy shirt by dying it or spray painting figures of words on this. All you need is to use cutout stencils, masking tape and also spray paint colors you like.
3. Cut out a knitted tshirt from shoulders, keeping the sleeve still in place and neckline in place. Make cold shoulder pattern. Embellish pearls and small diamonds in a haphazard manner on to the sleeves or say the neckline.
4. Joint up a feather lace or a fringe lace all over your crop top or shrug which may be also made with a tshirt. Attache fringe lace in horizontal layers from hemline moving upwards, until you want to keep adding you can add it up
5. Add same tshirt bows pattern either on sleeve shoulders, back waist, or all over back, sides of the waist or anywhere you can cut and joint the two straps of tshirt together attach a small piece of tshirt strip over in a roll and stick up.
|Source – Dododo.fr|
|Source – Swellmayde.com|
4. Restyle Old Buttoned Down Shirts
1. Go by decorating the collar with embellishments and shoulders with studs or chains hanging up there.
2. Do the Shirt diy dying method by dipping the bottom half or by bleaching the bottom or top half.
3. Cut out the sleeves and hem in the armhole, cut out the hemline in a diagonal pattern where the from centre is longer than the side seam point. trim up ends or pull out threads or just add fringe or tassels.
4. Convert that old buttoned down shirt or even your Man’s Shirt into a pretty off shoulder shirt top! Cut out the up top shoulder yoke and add a elastic on the top edge after making a casing for it.
5. Paste up a lace fabric on the back yoke of the shirt or the front too! Or add a different fabric front Patch Pockets to add more detail!
|Source – Mimigstyle.com|
5. Restyles Old Sarees to Outfits
1. Cut out the saree pallu or drape skirt for about 2.5m and make it into a cool silk dupatta with adding border lace on all for sides.
2. Make a niche straight cut Tunic from the saree fabric either in silk, or georgette, satin or crepe. Get it done by your tailors of course as it needs a bit more of finishing in stitching.
3. Cut out the old saree from it’s pallu and use it as your blouse fabric, or use some parts of it in your blouse pattern.
4. Use the other part of the cut out saree from pallu, into a lehenga, in box pleats or a-line Lehenga.
5. Make a stunning Indian ethnic bag to match with your outfits.
6. Restyle Old Shoes to New Shoes
1. restyle to tips of the shoes in, by painting or spraying a but of metallic gold or silver, copper which suits your desire. Make sure the color and style suits the diy style you are trying to do.
2. Add a lace print on your plain canvas shoes or sneakers. Simple by taking a nice lace for the pattern. Hold it on the shoes and use a water diluted fabric paint to brush on top of the lace. Let dry and there you have a gorgeous print.
3. Stud the shoes or sandals up. You can do that to your heel curve or on the front in a line or straps anything you like working on.
4. Add pearls or flowers on your shoes with wax glue. Use them on your toe tops or strap or ankle strap or ankle sides.
5. Turn your flip flops to cute beach wear tie ups with a thin scarf or ribbons to roll around from centre in a knot or keep rolling and knotting and end and leave extra to wrap around your ankle to tie a bow.
|Source – Itsalwaysautumn.com|
|Source – Lovethispic.com|