How to wear saree in dhoti style, Indo western, Half saree, Pant saree | 6 Saree Draping Styles in 2016
There has been a huge trend follower of Indo western saree drapes that designers seem to craft out of their collection lines. Also see Indo Western Saree like SONAM KAPOOR Double Pallu Saree Styles in 4 Ways which she has worn and How you can wear Sonam Kapoor Saree.
Indo western saree drapes
Here are the most stylish new and latest trending styles of saree draping with basic tutorials and steps to help you look like a diva in these 6 new saree draping styles. Wear these like Bollywood does at parties, events, festivals, weddings and other ceremonies.
New 6 Indo western styles of saree draping
1. Pant Style Saree Drape
This one is also a preppy and quirk fashion look. Easy to wear for those young ladies. These came into trend from Nikhil Thampi and he does this style pretty well.
The drape style is again perfect for parties and events knowing how to style it right with pants or tights and a crop top or midriff top is the best part. Watch the tutorial of pant style saree draping below by me, do try this one let me know what you think about this awesome style drape.
Tip – Go for plain tights or pants in slim fit and a crop top in party wear. Choose a printed saree in quirky style or abstract and in flowy fabric to get that cowl effect work great. You can get them here to find the latest collection of sarees for the new ways of draping saree.
The Video is on Saree draping styles in Indowestern for number 1. Pant style and Half dhoti style or Anamika Khanna half saree style shown below in number 2.
2. Half Saree Drape Style – Anamika Khanna Saree drape
I like to call this Anamika Khanna saree drape as it was brought into the lime light by the talented designer. The tulip drape saree in other words which creates the fashion trend of drapes into the short or say half saree fabric.
The drape needs to be styled up with pretty bodice tops, half sareethat’s more than 2.5m approx. and the dhoti pants or tights or leggings. See how Sonam Kapoor wears this saree click on Sonam Kapoor Flawless in Anamika Khanna Label
Tip – Opt for longer bodice top styles or midriff tops and sarees in lower edge highlighted with work or borders.
Steps of Half Saree Draping
- Put on your top and bottom wear. Now hold the inner end of the saree and make big pleats on the width section.
- Now tuck this in your waistline on the front towards the right. And tuck in the upper edge around your waist till the back right side.
- Pick the saree pallu and make shoulder pleats and throw this on your left shoulder. This will create a wrap around and a tulip hem of the drape below. Pin the pleats on shoulder covering your front bodice.
3. Dress sari drape style
Tip – For this saree drape take a stiff and solid saree fabric type not transparent.
4. Dhoti Style Saree Draping
Dhoti saree draping has become very popular and brings the true indo style of saree draping. The drape was first seen on stage by Tarun Tahiliani in his collection and worn by Sonam Kapoor later at an event. Learn this Dhoti saree draping style and wear this at all party events to look like a fashionista with a blouse and leggings or tights instead of a petticoat.
Tip – Choose a saree which is in light weight and soft fabric. That has a small contrast border all over the saree.
View Sonam Kapoor Double Pallu Saree Draping Style?
5. Tunic Saree Drape Style
I really adore this one, especially as it has the sophisticated style look and the classic print style come out so well in this. Masaba Gupta saree on stage brought this urban fashion saree style come out and later seen by actress Kajol flaunting the saree drape style. Currently Payal Singhal has created a collection with the tunic sarees and they look very classy in those high low tunic and straight cut tunics.
Tip – Opt for the classy or quirky printed saree in flowy fabrics and a tunic in contrast to the saree colour.
Steps of draping
- Drape your saree from the left by tucking in your petticoat waist. Taking it around the back from right and in front again.
- Make skirt pleats and tuck these in the centre waistline so the pleats open to the left.
- Now tuck the loose fabric on left till your mid beck waistline and let it hang.
- Put on your tunic so it lies over your saree waistline (covers the saree waistline). And then bring the pallu end in from the right side.
- Now make neat shoulder pleat on the width of the saree end and throw this on your left shoulder. Don’t pull this up to high, the cowl will be formed on the right side.
- Pin the pleats on the shoulder and you’re done.
6. Twisted Style Saree Drape
This one gives the gown and haute couture statement with a pretty glamorous saree. The new way of saree draping style with twisted one was seen by Deeepika Padukone in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
The blue saree she wore caught much attention and this style is known to be the yeh jawaani hai deewani saree drape style as well as twisted saree drape style.
Tip – Pick a saree which has a pastel shade so that the twist is visible if it has no border on it. If it has a border you can choose any colour saree but with a contrast or visible border.