How to Wear Sonam Kapoor Double Pallu Saree – 4 Double Drape Styles
Her is one more saree drape style that went on very well after she did wear this for her movie promotion in a Double Pallu Saree by Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla the lovely soft pastel sarees in blue lavender and pink were all at sight when Sonam Kapoor wore the saree.
Learn How to wear the Sonam Kapoor Double Drape Saree Style in 2 styles like she did for her Neerja Promotions. I will also show you How she wore a Double Drape Dupatta on her Lehenga Choli and another Double Pallu saree with Dupatta. I Shall soon upload a Video for the Double Pallu Saree
Sonam Kapoor Double Pallu Saree Style Draping
To wear this saree style you will need a plain flowy fabric saree in one solid color and a small border all over. You will also need another printed dupatta or a fabric piece of 2.5-3 metres in length which matches the saree base color is in contrast just like here other look below.
- Take the right side of the dupatta edge and make 2-3 small pleats or you can also go without the pleats and directly tuck them or the end of it in your right waistline where the edge faces the rightside. So you will have fabric on the left side.
- Tuck the dupatta Put on Blouse, Petticoat and Heels before you start draping the saree, first start with the plain solid saree.
- Start draping in the regular style of nivi style saree, starting at right side and tuck in waistline in one whole wrap around. now make before you make lower skirt pleats you will need to take up the dupatta edge in your waist till the left side and stop there.
- Now pick the width again and drape the it around your left to back and front again and throw the drape over your front bodice on the left shoulder in an open pallu look. Pin at left shoulder.
- Take the saree open end which is left open and pick the width to make small pleats for shoulder pleats. Pin pleats together so the don’t move.
- drape them from your left side around the back, and bring the pleats in front from the right shoulder. Throwing them from back to front at shoulder like a Gujarati saree drape and pin them on shoulder at about 1.25m hanging free in front, so a cowl will appear on the left hip side.
So that’s simply how she wore this beautiful Blue Lavender Double Pallu Saree Style. Now Let’s see how she wore the Soft pink and white double drape style, for which you will need the soft white saree and soft pink floral print dupatta.
- Repeat all the basic saree draping styles shown up in the first Sonam Kapoor double drape saree style, until we reach at the pallu pleating.
- Make small pallu pleats of the soft white saree and drape in from left side to back and from back to right neck upwards. Wrap it around the neck neatly, use a pin to hold pleats straight at that level and then let them hang freely at back from left neck side.
This gives you a different look by just styling the pallu pleats in a different way. Do try the Drape in different saree and fabric styles apart from these, but which are complementary to each other an do let me know how did it work for you. 🙂
Watch the Video Tutorial – How to Wear Saree in Double Pallu Style – Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor Double Dupatta Drape over Lehenga Choli
After her Neerja promotion and saree style going all trending she wore her lehenga choli with two dupattas by Anju Modi. Giving it a unique look in the Double drape dupatta look by Sonam Kapoor.
How to wear Double Dupatta Drape for Lehenga Choli
You will need to carry a Tissue or net dupatta to give you that transparency look and one normal flowy fabric dupatta in same kind of fabric which may come with the Lehenga choli matching it. Make sure the colors are different, same kind light and dark or same family colors.
- Start drpaing the first dupatta over the lehenga choli by tucking the right corner in your left front waistline. Let the rest hang free and pick up the other side corner and width to make pallu pleats.
- Make small pleats and then drape them from left to back and back to front over the right shoulder and throw them freely over the shoulder, Pin at shoulder.
- Now take the inner edge of the lower pleats and drape it across your front bodice and tuck it in your left side waist or use pin to tuck on your left side waist in front.
- No take the 2nd dupatta and make small pleats on left side of dupatta. and throw them directly from front to back shoulder (left shoulder.) make sure the level is equal when you drape other side dupatta on right shoulder to and pink the pleats.
- Now for the other side, take the inner border of the pleats in front and drape it over left shoulder and throw it at the back. Don’t pull it too tight as it should have a small cowl in front. and pink the edge border on the left shoulder.
That’s it, you have the lovely double drape dupatta look for your lehenga choli.
Double Saree Style with a Dupatta
You can also wear the same 2nd dupatta drape style over the saree too, as long as the saree an dupatta have the same color and the dupatta fabric is different. Sonam also wore this look at an award ceremony, the Double Pallu Saree Look with a Dupatta.
I hope these style tips were helpful to give you a stunning new look in Indian ethnic look with saree draping and dupatta draping styles.